The TottenHAM Hotspur
Cracking article from over the pond, covering the open practice session we had prior to the game against the Earthquakes which also included three of the 49ers turning up to join in with the fun.
This made me smile...
About half of Spurs’ starting eleven were not there as they were still on post-World Cup holiday. So sadly no Crouch (yes, I would have asked him to do the robot). Defoe, Gomes, King, Lennon, etc. were also absent. Still, Spurs are a talented team and many of their superstars were on show. Some bullet points:
- Luka Modrić is tiny and looks like a 10 year old schoolboy. He was also the best player on the pitch by far and his ball control is spectacular.
- Tom Huddlestone is a big boy. He also likes “hiking” his shorts up to uncomfortable levels.
- Younes Kaboul is bigger still, but he looks in shape.
- Robbie Keane really does bark and yap, and is still a very skillful player.
- Gareth Bale has simian-like features.
- Cudicini ALWAYS has a scowl on his face.
- Roman Pavlyuchenko is known as “Pav.”
- Hutton never shuts up and is really funny (if you can understand him).
- There was a definite distinction in skill between Modrić, Bale, Pav and a few others versus the rest of the squad.
Considering the yanks are getting some flack (tongue in cheek) over the ESPN commentary for our US tour, it's only fair this gets shared.
Click here to read the article. Check it out.
And re: the commentary. Thus far 'Bale is a stud of a player' has to be the best statement made in-game.