More scary stats
Thanks to Mudshark over at GG for this. Click here to see the thread and a whole bundle of disapproving numbers that will give you night terrors on top of all the nightmares.
- We haven't won a home league game since beating Portsmouth 2-0 on 22 March 2008 (0 wins in 8 at the Lane).
- We've only won one other game since then, 1-0 at Reading on 3 May 2008 (1 win in 15 home and away).
- We currently have a scoring shortfall of 1.28 goals/game relative to last season overall under Ramos.
- Players who were at the club last season are contributing roughly the same number of goals per game as they were last season (though slightly down on the equivalent figure for last season post-LCF).
- New acquisitions have so far contributed nothing to making up this shortfall.
- Goals against per game are slightly up on last season overall, but better than last season post-LCF.
- The sharp decline in form seems to have begun with the 4-1 reverse at home to Newcastle on 30 March 2008.
- Since beating Portsmouth in March, we have gained 9 points from a possible 45 (0.6 per game).
- This would translate to a total of 23 points over a 38-game season (if rounded up).
- January is a long way off.