Pretty much inconsequential until we hear official word but off the back of Eden Hazard citing Tottenham, his dad (in a follow up interview on Belgian tv) has stated the following about his in-demand wonder-kid son:
- Eden wants a move to an English club (no shocker, we know this)
- The English club has to offer him room to grow in combination with Champions League football + attacking style of play (I think we can be confident of appeasing him on both accounts)
- There is 'very serious interest' from Spurs
- Eden has stated he likes Spurs (having initially felt we were some way short of his expectations of a prospective club last season)
- He's been following us closely and our ambition combined with our playing style is right up his street
- Negotiations are in progress, but nothing has been signed
This is not ITK. This was an interview, so make of it what you will (hold back getting his name on your shirt) but it appears to be fairly encouraging. More so when I'm told Eden is not your textbook mercenary who is after the best wage so no reason why his dad would be attempting to engineer a transfer war for his sons signature.
(thanks to Belgian Spur for the update)
Hands up how many of you instantly browsed to You Tube and searched for footage? Yeah, me too. He's a central defender (not a Rodrigo Defendi with any luck, but both hold Italian passports) that has only appeared a handful of times for his Brazilian club Sao Paulo. U20's captain and U20's World Cup winner. That's about as much as I know and footage of robust defending on You Tube wont tell you anything more other than perhaps good editing by the uploader.
He's on loan/trial. Move could be made permanent in the summer. 'One for the future'.
Another op so no disguised passes or Hollywood cross field balls this season as he looks to sit it out with only his Afro for company (if he continues his charity drive not to have it cut until he scores a goal, then BAE will have mad competition come the start of next season). Tommy might be slipping down the pecking order but having him available would have been a positive not to be frowned upon. Quality player. Shame this season has past him by.
The Forgotten Beckham is apparently seeking a move to the MLS ASAP to get fit, according to his agent. Apparently he's already kicked his luggage across the Atlantic. No confirmation yet if it landed in a skip.